Future Photonics Hub Industry Day 2018
start date: 2018-09-20 09:00
end date: 2018-09-20 17:00
Thursday 20 September 2018, University of Southampton, Highfield Campus (Garden Court)
The Future Photonics Hub Industry Day aims to unite the UK’s excellent science base with companies, R&D organisations and funding agencies; showcase the latest research in new, practical and commercial photonics manufacturing technologies; and create opportunities to collaborate in developing innovative solutions to key industrial challenges.
Who should attend?
If you are working in photonics research, R&D, research funding, the photonics industry or in one of the many industries enabled by photonics, then this event is for you.
Whether you are from academia or industry, you have a valuable role to play in developing transformational and commercially-viable photonics technologies.
By attending our Industry Day you will:
- Stay ahead of the curve on the latest photonics research, technologies and UK funding landscape
- Be part of a forum for discussing the research, challenges and current initiatives currently affecting the sector
- Gain opportunities to meet with prospective partners, collaborators, customers and suppliers
- 09:00 – 10:00 – Registration, networking brunch and browse the exhibition
- 10:00 – 10:10 – Welcome from Professor Sir David Payne (Director, The Future Photonics Hub)
- 10:00 – 10:45 – Keynote speech from Dr Benn Thomsen (Microsoft Research): ‘Challenges and opportunities for photonics in the cloud’
- 10:45 – 11:25 – Session 1: ‘Solutions for next-generation data communications’
- 11:25 – 11.45 – Refreshment break and exhibition time
- 11:45 – 12:45 – Session 2: ‘Lasers – Higher power and greater efficiency’
- 11:45 – Optional cleanroom tour
- 12:45 – 14:15 – Lunch and exhibition with speed networking session
- 14:15 – 15:00 – Session 3: ‘Opportunities for UK Photonics’ with talks by Georgios Papadakis (Innovation Lead – Electronics, Sensors and Photonics, Innovate UK), Ben Whitaker (Innovation Partner – The Defence and Security Accelerator) and Dr John Lincoln (CEO, The Photonics Leadership Group and Industrial Liaison Manager, The Future Photonics Hub)
- 15:00 – 15:40 – Session 4: ‘Volume manufacturing of 2D and metamaterials’
- 15:40 – 16.40 – Refreshment break and exhibition time
- 16:00 – 17:00 – Session 5: ‘Integration – compact, low cost, ‘smarter’ devices’
- 16:00 – Optional cleanroom tour
- 17:00 – Thank you and close
How do I register?
The Industry Day is free to attend. Please book your delegate place in advance using the ‘Register’ button on our Eventbrite page.
Delegate registration closes at 23:30 on Sunday 9 September 2018.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions about the day, please contact Ruth Churchill, Future Photonics Hub Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I register as an Exhibitor?
Exhibitor registration is being handled directly by our events team. If you are interested in having a stand at this event, please contact us: email@example.com or telephone: 023 80 599 536.