Future Photonics Hub Industry Day 2018
start date: 2018-09-20 09:00
end date: 2018-09-20 17:00
An astonishing range of innovative ideas emerge when scientists and engineers come together to think about manufacturing.
The Future Photonics Hub Industry Day aims to unite the UK’s excellent science base with companies, R&D organisations and funding agencies; showcase the latest research in new, practical and commercial photonics manufacturing technologies; and create opportunities to collaborate in developing innovative solutions to key industrial challenges.
Who should attend?
If you are working in photonics research, R&D, research funding, the photonics industry or in one of the many industries enabled by photonics, then this event is for you.
Whether you are from academia or industry, you have a valuable role to play in developing transformational and commercially-viable photonics technologies.
By attending our Industry Day you will:
- Stay ahead of the curve on the latest photonics research, technologies and UK funding landscape
- Be part of a forum for discussing the research, challenges and current initiatives currently affecting the sector
- Gain opportunities to meet with prospective partners, collaborators, customers and suppliers
– Open from 09:00 for a networking brunch – browse the exhibition and ready yourself for the full day ahead with a breakfast bap, fresh fruit, coffee and a Bucks Fizz.
– The conference programme will begin from 10:00 and run alongside the exhibition throughout the day, until closure at 17:00.
Keynote speaker Dr Benn Thomsen, Microsoft Research, presents “Challenges and opportunities for photonics in the cloud”
a full technical programme, keynote speeches, an update on the UK photonics industry landscape, an industry exhibition, speed-networking with our researchers, cleanroom tours, and a poster session.
A detailed event schedule will be published shortly.
How do I register?
The Industry Day is free to attend. Please book your delegate place in advance using the ‘Register’ button on our Eventbrite page.
Delegate registration closes at 23:30 on Sunday 9 September 2018.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions about the day, please contact Ruth Churchill, Future Photonics Hub Coordinator: email@example.com
How can I register as an Exhibitor?
Exhibitor registration is being handled directly by our events team. If you are interested in having a stand at this event, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 023 80 599 536.